Federal College of Education (FCE)
Established in June, 1974 under the constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan
Initially, it was known as Directorate of In-Service Teacher Education and Resource Material Centre, Islamabad. In 1978, it was upgraded to Teacher Training College and named as Federal College of Education (FCE).
FCE is a dynamic institution, with a reputation for innovation and diversity with an increasingly co-operative and highly skilled faculty, the College offers educational trainings, offers to meet the needs of pre-service and in-service teachers. The College is continually evolving a new range of educational programs to cope with challenges thrown up by the pace of change in today’s society, with its emphasis on lifelong learning and continuing professional development in Pre-service and In-service teacher training.
For all degree programs, the college is affiliated with University of the Punjab.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COLLEGE:
- To promote national integrity among teachers.
- To inculcate Managerial and Administrative skills in teachers.
- To enhance professional qualifications and proficiency of teachers.
- To enhance teacher’s potentialities through Teacher Training Course (In Service and Pre Service).
- To coordinate with curriculum developing institutions.
- To enable teachers use modern instructional techniques.
- To enable the teachers to develop teaching aids by low cost material.
- To facilitate Directorates of Education (ICT, NMTD, GB, PAF, CANTT & GARRISON) and NEAS.